Inspect hotel guest rooms for cleanliness according to the regulations and standards set forth by management. Provide prompt and efficient service to customers in a professional manner.
• Customer service background.
• Friendly, professional communication.
• Comfortable using a computer.
• Able to read and write.
• Previous housekeeping experience required.
• Previous room inspecting experience preferred.
• Previous training experience preferred.
• Able to walk and stand for the duration of shift.
• Able to perform physical qualifications of a room attendant.
Position Requirements/Job Results:
• Inspect hotel guestrooms for cleanliness.
• Give feedback to room attendants on room cleanliness, amenity placement, and overall appearance.
• Report reoccurring performance problems to executive housekeeper and assistant executive housekeeper.
• Handle and resolve customer complaints, resulting in customer satisfaction and developing loyalty.
• Communicate with front office and maintenance room status updates, changes, and availability.
• Accurately assign guest rooms for cleaning and update guestroom status by use of the hotel computer system.
•Train new employees.
• Perform the specific duties of housekeeping employees as necessary.
• Comprehend how all departments within the hotel work together and affect each other, guests, and service.
• Exhibit professional communication and team-member skills to accomplish maximum service for department and property.
• Recognize and follow company procedures and policies as defined in the Employee Handbook.
• Complete any and all tasks given by supervisor.